Monday, September 12, 2011

Bon anniversaire, Mylène!



Today marks the 50th birthday of one of the most amazing artists: Mylène Farmer.


Maybe you haven’t heard from her, because she’s one of the best-kept secrets in the music scene. Not a lot of people in the New World (where I live) know about her. Luckily, fans have gathered on the Internet to make her art known by creating pages devoted to her. I also did my part, too. Last May, I wrote an article about her career for Puerto Rico Indie, a blog dedicated to independent expressions in art. I’ve been writing for it for more than a year (I will be sharing with you all what I’ve published there very soon), and I decided to use that opportunity to share Mylène’s music with others. It has also connected me with some of her fans in Latin
America, since I got positive feedback from them on my post.

To celebrate her birthday, I’m sharing that post I wrote. It’s in Spanish, but you can use a tool like Google Translate to read it in English. Or you can just simply sit back, watch the videos I posted and listen to the music, which is in French (yep, we’re getting all trilingual here!). Don’t be scared if you don’t understand French. After all, music is a universal language. Hell, I learned some French in college, yet I don’t understand all of Mylène’s lyrics. However, that doesn’t stop me from listening to her. Trust me, it’s worth it!

To read the post, click here

Once again, bon anniversaire, Mylène! Here’s to 50 more years of merveilleuse musique!


No comments:

Post a Comment